Nobody was injured in a house fire on Nancy Drive Wednesday, officials said.
According to EMFD Chief Carl Pugliese, the fire, which occurred around 7:30 p.m., was caused by a candle that was lit in a bedroom. Pugliese said the candle accidentally made contact with some of the room's contents, and before long, the room was fully engulfed in flames.
"The rear of the house was fully involved [with flames] when we got there," Pugliese said. "The fire was accidentally started."
Four people were home during the blaze, and Pugliese said nobody was injured. Mutual aid was provided by the Levittown, Hicksville and Westbury Fire Departments assist in extinguishing the fire.
"There's never a good time to have a fire, but it's even worse during the holiday season," Pugliese said.
This is a breaking news story, and Patch will provide more information as it's made available.