The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- A juvenile was walking on Prospect Avenue in East Meadow Saturday night with two friends when police say they were approached by two suspects who robbed him on Sept. 29.
- On Sept. 29, plates were removed from a vehicle parked on Midland Drive.
- Items were removed from a car parked on 7th Street on Sept. 30.
- A Westbury man who police said robbed a Dairy Barn in Bethpage was stopped on the Southern State Parkway in Massapequa where cops smelled alcohol on his breath and found a a crack pipe in his car. Dukich was charged with driving while ability impaired, robbery and weapons possession. For more on story, click here.
- A second story house fire on Cooper Lane that was extinguished by the Levittown Fire Department on Oct. 1 is being deemed suspicious and is currently under investigation. For more on story, click here.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
- A man was spotted acting erratically outside of Levy-Lakeside School, according to Merrick School District officials. Superintendent Dr. Dominick Palma told Patch that school custodians spotted the man acting oddly while watching kids playing. Click here for the details.
- Two teens were arrested for attempted robbery in front of Harold D. Fayette School at around 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 29. The suspects allegedly blocked the victim's path and demanded his property, police said. Click here for more on this story.
- Sometime between 4:16 p.m. on Sept. 29 and 9:09 a.m. on Sept. 30, items were stolen from an unlocked vehicle that was parked on Millwood Lane in North Merrick.
- After 1 a.m. on Sept. 26, a car that was parked on Merrick Avenue in Merrick sustained damage to the roof of the vehicle.
- On Oct. 1 at 7:40 a.m., Waldbaums in Merrick was robbed by a shoplifter. Police did not release what was taken from the store.
- On Sept. 28, between 11 a.m. and noon, it was discovered that credit cards, a painting, a camera and jewelry were stolen while an estate sale was being held on Beverly Road in Merrick.
- On Sept. 29, Michael Toporek, 19, of Merrick, was arrested on Shore Road in Bellmore and was charged with driving while intoxicated.
- On Sept. 25, Louis Nunziata, 47, of Lindenhurst was arrested at the Nassau County Police Department Seventh Precinct headquarters in Seaford and charged with petit larceny.
- On Sept. 27, Estinna Cruz, 21, of Copiague was arrested at the Nassau County Seventh Precinct headquarters in Seaford and charged with petit larceny.
- A building and box trailer at D&J Diagnostics on 3830 Merrick Road in Seaford were discovered damaged on Sept. 29.
- On Sept. 30, Fernando Torres, 49, of Brentwood was arrested at the Nassau County Seventh Precinct headquarters in Seaford and charged with petit larceny, third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and one vehicle and traffic law violation.
- The lock of a bicycle parked at the Wantagh Long Island Rail Road Station was cut and then removed from the scene on Sept. 27. The bike lock was recovered on the ground where the bike was secured.