The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- Sometime between 6 p.m. on Jan. 4 and 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, accent lights were stolen from a yard on Rosemont Street in North Bellmore.
- Sometime between 9 p.m. on Jan. 5 and 5 a.m. on Jan. 6, a lawn jockey was stolen from a yard on Court Street in North Bellmore.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 11:15 a.m. on Jan. 3, someone cut the lock on the victim's trailer, which was parked at South Bellmore Auto Care, located at 2501 Merrick Rd., and stole various items.
- A man who detectives say pushed an elderly woman to the ground in a Wantagh parking lot and snatched her purse was arrested in front of Denny's on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown on Jan. 8 after a police pursuit.
- The Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District released a statement on Jan. 7 regarding a suspicious Facebook page that Calhoun High School officials thought should be investigated. Click here for the details.
- Sometime been 6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 2, a 2007 Mazda that was waiting to be sold was stolen from the BP Gas Station parking lot, which is located at 1577 Merrick Rd.
- Sometime between Dec. 26 at 11 a.m. and Jan. 2 at 10 a.m., a license plate was stolen off a vehicle that was parked on Merrick Avenue.
- Sometime between 6 p.m. on Jan. 4 and 8 a.m. on Jan. 5, Car Wash, located at 1820 Sunrise Highway, had it's side window broken, but nobody ever gained entry, police said.
- A car that was parked on Sherman Avenue in Merrick was damaged sometime overnight between Jan. 3 and Jan. 4. Find out more about this incident by clicking here.
- Sometime between 8:45 p.m. on Jan. 3 and 7 a.m. on Jan. 4, an EZ Pass was stolen out of an unlocked vehicle that was parked on Stevens Avenue in North Merrick.
- Between 5-8 a.m. on Jan. 4, items were stolen from a yard on Whittier Avenue in North Merrick.