The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- On March 1, a car was damaged outside Island Trees High School in Levittown.
- On Feb. 27, between 7-8:15 p.m., a car that was parked at Xtreme Gym, which is located at the corner of South Hewlett Avenue and Merrick Road in Merrick, had its window broken. A pocketbook, credit cards and an unknown amount of cash was taken.
- Also on Feb. 27, between 7:30-8:15 p.m., another vehicle also had its window broken in the same parking lot. A pocketbook, credit cards and an unknown amount of money was taken as well.
- Sometime between 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 27 and 7:17 a.m. on Feb. 28, an unknown suspect shattered the front passenger window of a car on Byron Road in Merrick. The car had been locked. An iPad was stolen from the vehicle.
- Sometime between 4-8 a.m. on Feb. 28, someone shattered the passenger’s side window of the victim’s car, which was parked on Whaleneck Drive in Merrick. A laptop was stolen, along with accessories.
- New York State Police are investigating a fatal crash that took place on the Meadowbrook Parkway on March 4 along the Merrick-Freeport border around exit M7. Charges have been filed in connection to the incident. Click here for the details.