The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime
- Sometime between Feb. 5-11, an unknown suspect cut a hole in a chain-linked fence at Wantagh Mazda, located at 853 Sunrise Highway in Bellmore, and stole tires and rims from four vehicles.
- Sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 11:20 p.m. on Feb. 17, a car was broken into while parked in the Applebee's parking lot. Cigarettes and an undisclosed amount of cash were stolen.
- At 12:21 a.m. on Feb. 12, Michael Coveny, 46, of Bellmore, was arrested at the intersection of Newbridge Road and Sunrise Highway and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and a violation of the vehicle and traffic law.
Follow East Meadow Patch on Facebook.
- On Feb. 15, a brick was thrown through the window of a vehicle parked on Lorraine Gate.
- The store front window was damaged at East Meadow and Wine Spirits on Feb. 15.