The following information was supplied by the Nassau County and New York State Police Departments. It does not indicate convictions.
Following months of delays and legal maneuvering, former Marine James Farr agreed to in exchange for a deal to serve one year in jail for the 2009 drunk-driving accident that took the lives of two brothers on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow. He was sentenced April 28 in Mineola.
More Police News
- The in East Meadow is under the gun once again – this time from the New York Civil Liberties Union for allegedly on the medical and mental health care of inmates.
- An Oceanside woman after police noticed her driving erratically on the Meadowbrook Parkway near Hempstead Turnpike, officials said. According to New York State Police, Nicole Maher, 23, was pulled over at approximately 12:40 a.m. Police say Maher, while heading southbound on the Meadowbrook Parkway, was guilty of a number of traffic violations, including "failing to maintain lane, unsafe lane change, failing to signal, following too closely and driving over hazardous markings."
- On May 6, between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., an apartment on Cypress Avenue was broken into, and "several items were stolen," according to police.
- Sometime between 10 p.m. on May 2 and 7 a.m. on May 3, a crane was stolen from the playground at
- On May 7, Cadiana Francois-Louis of West Hempstead was arrested for stealing $88.31 worth of merchandise from in East Meadow.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on May 5 and 7 a.m. on May 6, a vehicle parked on Hempstead Turnpike had its windows broken and CDs were removed from the automobile.
- On May 3 at 11:15 a.m., a woman tried to use a fraudulent prescription at in East Meadow.