The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that an East Meadow man was arrested and charged with identity theft and tax fraud after he allegedly filed more than 200 false tax returns, according to 7th Space Interactive. For the full story, click this link.
Other Crime News
- An 18-year-old Baldwin resident was arrested in East Meadow Monday afternoon after allegedly committing a burglary in Jericho Monday morning. For the full story, click here.
- On Feb. 9 after 11:30 a.m., the East Meadow Fire Department on Maple Avenue had its door damaged.
- Sometime before 6:30 a.m. on Feb. 7, money was stolen from a car parked on Berg Avenue in East Meadow.
- Between Feb. 5-7, a vehicle on First Street is broken into, but nothing was stolen.
- Sometime between Feb. 1-7, a vehicle's door handle was damaged while it was parked on Andrew Avenue in East Meadow.
- On Feb. 7, Robert Camberdella, 59, and from East Meadow was arrested on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny and counterfeiting.
- On Feb. 10, Richard V Ware, 48, of Elmont was arrested at the Nassau County Jail in East Meadow and charged with Petit Larceny.