The following information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. It does not indicate convictions.
A seriously ill woman in order to seek a heart transplant was given a second chance after returning to court to answer charges she violated the terms of her conditional release by smoking cigarettes. Diane McCloud, 47, of Hempstead, was given the go-ahead to pursue a potentially life-saving heart transplant. Her doctor at stated in a report to the court that McCloud had been non-compliant and had violated eligibility requirements for a Bronx hospital’s heart transplant program by smoking cigarettes and refusing to take part in a screening process for a new heart; she claimed the facility was “too crowded” and she didn’t want to wait around.
Other Police News
- On April 22, between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., two tires and two rims were stolen from a vehicle that was parked on Durham Road in East Meadow.
- On April 18 at approximately 12:45 p.m., a shoplifter stole $300 worth of items from in East Meadow.
- On April 20 at 9:15 a.m., a shoplifter took $150 worth of merchandise from on Hempstead Turnpike.
- On April 18 at 10 a.m., a driver whose car was parked on Hempstead Turnpike came out to find damage to the fender.
- On April 27 at 5:40 a.m., a car was stolen from the 7-11 parking lot; the victim left the motor running while he went into the store.
- On April 28 at 1:40 p.m., John Mccallum of Westbury was arrested for shoplifting at on Front Street.
- Sometime before 4 a.m. on April 30, the front glass was broken at in East Meadow, and perpetrators unsuccessfully tried to gain entry into the building.
- On April 30, between 4-9 p.m., the windows at in East Meadow were damaged by a BB gun.
- On April 27, a 37 inch television was stolen from on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.