- Kirill Fattakhov, 25, of Wantagh was arrested in North Bellmore on Aug. 27 and charged with three counts of first-degree robbery, third-degree criminal possession of a weapon and two counts of fourth-degree possession of a dangerous weapon. According to police, three men where at the rear of Saw Mill River Road Elementary School on Saw Mill Road when they were approached by Fattakhov who then displayed a knife and demanded money. He then took the victims' money and fled on foot. He was apprehended a short time later on Doris Avenue and Harrison Street.
- Items were removed from a car that was parked near the Long Island Railroad Station on Aug 22. One of the windows of the car was reported broken.
- Items were removed from a car parked near the Long Island Railroad Station on Aug. 22. There was no damage to the car.
- The window of a car parked on Grand Avenue was found broken on Aug. 24.
- Graffiti was found at Martin Avenue School on Aug 25.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on June 27 and 5 p.m. on July 27, a vehicle parked on Bellmore Road had its windows broken and items were stolen.
- On Aug. 27 at 10 a.m., Kyle Robert Schmitt of Babylon was arrested for shop lifting at He allegedly stole $140 worth of merchandise.
- Sometime on Aug. 26, an unknown person drove a vehicle up a driveway on Bernard Street and damaged the garage door.
- On Aug. 17, items were removed from an unlocked car that was parked on Tulip Avenue.
- Sometime between Aug. 21 and Aug. 23, items were removed from a vehicle that was parked on Meadowbrook Road.
- The rear basement door of Sacred Heart School was damaged sometime between Aug. 24 and Aug. 25. Nothing was taken from the building.
- A complainant reported the driver side mirror and passenger side door of his 1998 yellow GMC van was damaged by unknown suspect(s). The incident occurred on Fox Boulevard between Aug. 23 and Aug. 24.
- Unknown suspect stole complainant’s cell phone while on the train in Seaford. The incident was reported to police on Princeton Place in Merrick.
- On Aug. 28, a Merokean reported that his boat floated north down Baldwin Creek.
- A taxi driver was held a knifepoint and robbed in Merrick on Aug. 30. See the full story .
- Jewelry was reported stolen from a home on Hudson Avenue in Seaford between Aug. 20-23.
- Punctured holes were reported in four vehicles parked in the street next to Mill Pond Auto Body in Wantagh on Aug. 25.
- A generator, GPS/Radar, inflatable boat and outboard motor at on 2280 Ocean Ave., Seaford were reported to either be stolen or damaged between Aug. 26-29.
- The Dairy Barn on 3990 Jerusalem Ave., Seaford was burglarized between Aug. 27 and 28 through the store's rear door. No items were reported lost from the incident.
- The bank door at on 1164 Douglas Ave., Wantagh was reported damaged on Aug. 22.
- Damage was reported to two vehicles parked on Atlantic Boulevard in Wantagh on Aug. 25.
- Assorted items were reported stolen from a Toyota Sienna parked in the driveway of a home on Interlake Drive in Wantagh between Aug. 25-26. The stolen items include a camera, Blue Ray Movies, Portable Blue Ray player, Nintendo DS and games, GPS, iPod and a nail gun.
- A woman on Bunker Avenue in Wantagh reported receiving a call on Aug. 26 from an unknown suspect claiming to be a lawyer saying her grandson was in trouble and she needed to wire money to the Dominican Republic for attorney fees and bail. The woman complied and then discovered her grandson was never in the Dominican Republic and that the unknown suspect had taken her money.
- The passenger side window of a vehicle parked on Sycamore Avenue in Wantagh was reported smashed on Aug. 27.
- On Aug. 29, Paul Storozum, 48, of Wantagh was arrested on Merrick Road near Bellmore Avenue in Bellmore and charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, second-degree menacing, resisting arrest, failure to obey a police officer and one vehicle and traffic law violation.
For questions about this crime report, e-mail Emily.Cappiello@patch.com.