1. Residents recently expressed their concerns about their neighborhoods being flooded by vehicles of Nassau University Medical Center employees, patients and visitors. They have requested residential parking permits to alleviate the situation.
2. A former pizzeria has remained vacant for months. Find out which it is and what you think should open in the location at 12 p.m.
3. In case you missed it, East Meadow Girl Scouts recently participated in Astoria Federal Savings' 13th Annual Kids Tools for School Collection Drive. The girls distributed school supplies to more than 60 local school districts, shelters and human service organizations to help disadvantaged children this school year.
4. Life’s WORC, a non-profit organization that provides support for individuals with developmental disabilities, is holding its annual “Stride with Pride Walk” on Saturday in Eisenhower Park.
5. Follow East Meadow Patch on Twitter to get all the East Meadow news in your feeds.