Some things to keep in mind around the local area.
- Last Tuesday was a big night for the Merrick School District – it was the first time that Dr. Dominick Palma, the new superintendent taking over for Dr. Ranier Melucci, was formerly introduced to the community; it was a night that the district kids were honored for their art achievements and it was a night that seven teachers and administrators were recommended for tenure. For more, click here.
- Kennedy High School has been named No. 71 on the list of top high schools in New York State, according to U.S. News & World Report. Nationally, Kennedy came in at No. 534 among 1,165 other schools. For more on this story, click here.
- The Clarke baseball team have achieved a very rare feat, as they went the entire 2012 regular season without enduring a single defeat. For more on this, click here.
- One of Patch's newest bloggers says it's time for people to stop fearing the "G" word. For more on his thoughts, click here.
- Don't forget. Tuesday is the budget vote. You can vote at your local polling place from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. If you have any questions, call school officials for help.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now