Patch highlighted the top stories of the month so you can catch up on all of the local news. The top stories for the month of September are:
5. Westbury man arrested for falsely reporting bomb at NUMC: According to police, Marc Gatchalian of Westbury called police and said that he placed bombs at a 7-Eleven in Bethpage and one at Nassau University Medical Center.
4. Two people escape harm after being involved in crash: Two people escaped serious injury after a crash near the intersection of North Jerusalem Avenue and East Meadow Avenue. Police said that one of the vehicles flipped.
3. East Meadow woman is a contestant on Jeopardy: Penny Citrola, a native of East Meadow, won two games on Jeopardy! in September totaling $26,800.
2. East Meadow gas station robbed: Police said that a male suspect robbed Mobil Gas Station on Merrick Avenue. The man displayed a knife and removed an unknown amount of cash.
1. Pregnant teens assaults arresting officers: Sinaia Jackson, 18, who was already arrested for an incident earlier that day was at Nassau University Medical Center being cleared for processing when she allegedly became violent with officers and was arrested a second time.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.