- Tuesday was a good day for administrators in Bellmore, Merrick and East Meadow, as residents of all three communities voted to pass the school budgets. For more on this, check out Bellmore Patch, Merrick Patch and East Meadow Patch.
- An East Meadow woman was sentenced to 60 days in jail and five years probation Tuesday for stalking and harassment after she wrote a series of threatening letters to an East Meadow Little League official last year due to her son not being chosen for a local travel team. For more on this, click here.
- Reinaldo Nunez, president of the North Bellmore Civic Association, announced that North Shore Farms, an organic "Trader Joe's like" supermarket may fill the vacant Rite Aid at the southwest corner of Jerusalem Avenue and Pea Pond Road. For more on this, click here.
- At last week's meeting of the Merrick School Board, a concerned parent brought up the idea of adding cement barriers to the kindergarten playground at Chatterton School. For more on this story, click here.
- This week, Robert Person is Bellmore Patch's Whiz Kid! For more on Person, click here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something