- Last Tuesday was a big night for the Merrick School District – it was the first time that Dr. Dominick Palma, the new superintendent taking over for Dr. Ranier Melucci, was formerly introduced to the community; it was a night that the district kids were honored for their art achievements and it was a night that seven teachers and administrators were recommended for tenure. For more, click here.
- Kennedy High School has been named No. 71 on the list of top high schools in New York State, according to U.S. News & World Report. Nationally, Kennedy came in at No. 534 among 1,165 other schools. For more on this story, click here.
- The Clarke baseball team have achieved a very rare feat, as they went the entire 2012 regular season without enduring a single defeat. For more on this, click here.
- One of Patch's newest bloggers says it's time for people to stop fearing the "G" word. For more on his thoughts, click here.
- Don't forget. Tuesday is the budget vote. You can vote at your local polling place from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. If you have any questions, call school officials for help.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something