1. Wake Up to Awareness, an East Meadow based drug awareness organization, recently hosted its very first fundraiser. Find out how it went at 10 a.m.
2. In case you missed it, Ken Weprin, an East Meadow resident and Hofstra University public address announcer, will retire after working with the university for more than 20 years. Read more
3. Summer is coming to an end, so curl up with some great end of the summer reads. Check out the list at 2 p.m.!
4. Heading out for the holiday? The Long Island Rail Road will add afternoon trains for the Labor Day rush. Read more
5. Get breaking news in your inbox or on your smartphone by signing up for the East Meadow Patch newsletter.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something