Holding out for a good deal on your turkey? Here's some to choose from:
- 2525 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow
- Stop & Shop's circular states that they will match any competitor's turkey coupon or advertised turkey price. (The guarantee is limited to one turkey per customer.)
- The top special advertised in the Stop & Shop circular is a Shady Brook Farms Grade A Frozen Turkey. The turkey, which weighs on average between 10 and 20 pounds, is priced at 58 cents per pound (with a Stop & Shop card). There is a one turkey limit with at $25 purchase.
- Other prices include a Nature's Promise frozen turkey at $1.99 per pound (average weight between 10 and 15 pounds), a Shady Brook Farms fresh turkey at $1.29 per pound (average weight between 10 and 28 pounds), a Butterball frozen turkey at $1.09 per pound (average weight between 10 and 28 pounds) and a Butterball fresh turkey at $1.49 per pound (average weight between 10 and 28 pounds). All of these deals require a Stop & Shop card.
- Stop & Shop will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
King Kullen - 3284 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
- The King Kullen weekly circular is advertising Grade A USDA All-Natural frozen turkeys for 29 cents per pound. The deal is limited to one turkey and requires an additional $50 purchase.
- King Kullen will also be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- 1897 Front St, East Meadow
- According to the Pathmark circular, every time a Pathmark Perks card holder spends $250, they will get a coupon for 5 percent off a future purchase. However, customers can substitute their first 5 percent off coupon for a free turkey if they prefer. Up to 10 coupons can be collected for 50 percent off a purchase (or 45 percent off and a free turkey). The spending period began Sept. 23 and ends Dec. 22, and coupons can be redeemed through Dec. 31.
- Pathmark also has fresh Butterball turkeys (average weight between 10 and 20 pounds) for $1.59 a pound and frozen Butterball turkeys (average weight between 10 and 20 pounds) for $1.39 a pound.