Did you know that the East Meadow Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon cutting ceremony at Dr. Munchies on Newbridge Road Tuesday? Hempstead Town Supervisor Kate Murray, Councilman Gary Hudes, East Meadow Chamber President Dolores Rome and friends and family of owners Jay and Ivy Minsky were among those in attendance. Here are five more things you may not know about Dr. Munchies:
1. NowOpen Sundays: Dr. Munchies is now open on Sundays, from noon to 7 p.m.
2. Wings: The restaurant is now taking wing orders for Football Sundays. Call 409-5848 to place yours.
3. Local Hires: According to Ivy, she and husband, Jay, like to hire locally to help their neighbors looking for work.
4. Soup's On: Soup is now on the menu. Specials will likely be available Monday through Friday, according to Ivy, so check out the Dr. Munchies Facebook page for daily specials.
5. Homemade Sauces, Dressings: The sauces that smother the wings, burgers and more at Dr. Munchies are all homemade, according to Ivy. So are the salad dressings (except Blue Cheese and Ranch).