When Christmas Day is among us, many restaurants close down for the holiday. In East Meadow, there are a number of businesses that are open and waiting to serve you. Check below for a full list and description of each of these businesses.
an East Meadow-based restaurant offering a menu featuring Americanized Chinese cuisine with dishes like sesame chicken, orange chicken, pan-friend noodles, fried rice, dumplings, vegetable delight and more. Hours: 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 516-485-6262.
- offers up a wide range of homemade, Italian-style heroes, wedges, paninis and more, as well as prepared foods, such as traditional lasagna and stuffed peppers . Nina's also sells a variety of imported Italian specialty goods, including pastas, cold cuts, cheeses, fresh-baked brick oven breads. Hours: Noon to 2 p.m. Phone: 516-809-7582.
- serves traditional pizzas like cheese and pepperoni as well as specialty pies like buffalo chicken, salad pizza, heroes and more. The pizzeria imports everything from the flour to the tomatoes from Italy and uses the highest quality cheese. Hours: 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 516-307-1180.
- Locally owned and operated, Johnny B's is a modern reincarnation of the traditional 1950's coffee shop and diner. They serve up hot, fresh, home cooked food made to order. The extensive menu covers all the bases from burgers and egg creams, to BLTs, pancakes, coffee, omeletes and shakes. Hours: 6:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. Phone: 516-557-2615.
- Owned and operated by Henry and Daniel Kane, Beverage Barn has been helping quench the thirst of the East Meadow community for more than 49 years. With a huge selection of more than 500 different ales and brews, both foreign and domestic, you are sure to find your favorite. Hours: 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. Phone: 516-794-4818.
- With beautiful stone décor, and over 10 tables available for service, this sleek new restaurant is located in the corner of a small shopping center. Don't let the outside deceive you though, this eatery has a sophisticated menu and friendly servers. Hours: 11:30 a.m.- 11 p.m. Phone: 516-228-6638.
- Tobba Ksalid has operated this independently owned store for more than 17 years. Deli Express, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, has everything one may expect in a convenience store, from cold beverages and coffee to hot and cold sandwiches and tobacco products. Hours- Open 24 hours. Phone: 516-542-0009.
- the restaurant has a plentiful menu that includes appetizers, pastas, salads and dinner entrees like fettuccini with assorted fresh seafood. Join the Birthday and Anniversary Club to get special promotions. Private parties and off-premises catering are also available. Say hello to owner Francesco Amorelli and be a part of the Buongusto PieSanos family. Hours: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m. 516-796-2500.
- Taco King is a Tex-Mex takeout restaurant offering its customers tacos made with fresh flour tortillas, tacos, quesadillas, tostada salads, burritos, fajitas, rice, nachos, enchiladas, combination plates and more. It is located in the Pathmark Shopping Centre. Hours: 11 a.m.- 9 p.m. Phone: 516-228-8886.
- offers eat-in and take-out dining. Small tables are available for eat-in dining options. The menu at Gao China Moon features beef, chicken and pork platters mixed with vegetables or noodles, a selection of soups and rolls, seafood, ribs and an assortment of appetizers. Hours: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m. Phone: 516-781-5204.
- located in a small strip mall on Newbridge Rd. It features traditional Thai and Chinese cuisine, including signature rolls, soups, and beef, chicken and pork platters. Take-out, eat-in, and delivery are all available here. Hours: 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. Phone: 516-809-5798.
- At Long Fin, you'll find seafood specialties such as crab sliders, buffalo-style shrimp, Manhattan clam chowder and an assortment of fish platters. The menu also features tasty alternatives to seafood such as lemon-basil chicken, baby back ribs and grilled sirloin. The restaurant offers a full martini bar. Hours: 2-9 p.m. Phone: 516-605-2366.