Receptacles have been placed at numerous county buildings for donations of backpacks, rulers, crayons and other needed items.
The donations will be given to school children and college students who may be struggling with the cost of either the supplies or tuition, Nassau County executive Ed Mangano said.
Supplies needed include: composition notebooks, backpacks, lunch boxes, loose leaf paper, tab inserts, binders, pocket folders, pens, pencils, markers, highlighters, glue sticks, crayons, scissors, rulers and calculators.
Drop Off Locations in East Meadow:
- 100 Carman Avenue, East Meadow (Corrections/Sheriff’s Dept - Main Lobby)
- Eisenhower Park, East Meadow (Lobby of Administration Building)
Other County Drop Off Locations:
- 60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd., Uniondale (DSS - Outside Cafeteria)
- 106 Charles Lindbergh Blvd., Uniondale (Health-Kitchen)
- 1194 Prospect Avenue, Westbury (DPW/FM/911-DPW 2nd Fl Reception)
- One West Street, Mineola (Lobby – Security)
- 200 County Seat Drive, Mineola (Consumer Affairs)
- 240 Old Country Road, Mineola (Lobby - Security)
- 262 Old Country Road, Mineola (District Attorney’s Office - Lobby - 2nd Fl)
- 400 County Seat Drive, Mineola (Probation - Directors Off. Main Entrance)
- 1490 Franklin Avenue, Mineola (Police Department - 2nd floor Training wing)
- 1550 Franklin Avenue, Mineola (County Executive Building Lobby)
- 16 Cooper Street, Hempstead (TPVA - Outside Susan Capasso’s Office)
- 40 Main Street, Hempstead (CASA/CS/Housing - In front of Suite C Office)