East Meadow often serves as the epicenter for cultural events, arts and concerts.
This summer, there are plenty of free concerts that can be enjoyed with friends, family or even on a free night by yourself. Here's the rundown of what's going on in East Meadow.
Summer Concert Lineup from the Town of Hempstead Concert Series
- Thursday, July 12 at 8 p.m.: , East Meadow: “Start Me Up” with a Rolling Stones Tribute starring the Glimmer Twins.
- Friday, Aug. 10 at 8 p.m.: , East Meadow: Bell Bottom Blues performs a Tribute to Eric Clapton.
Summer Concert Lineup at Lakeside Theatre
- Monday, June 11: North Shore Pops
- Friday, June 15: Disco Unlimited – Sponsored by B103
- Saturday, June 16: Don McLean
- Sunday, June 17: Greek American Night
- Monday, June 18: Punjabi American Night
- Tuesday, June 19:Balkan American Night
- Friday, June 22: The Producers/ Plaza Theatrical Productions
- Saturday, June 23: Caribbean American Festival
- Sunday, June 24: Indian American Night
- Monday, June 25: Ukranian American Night
- Tuesday, June 26: Scandinavian American Night
- Friday, June 29: Polish American Night
- Saturday, June 30: TD Bank Celebrate America Fireworks and Show (5:30 p.m. start)
- Sunday, July 1: Turkish American Night
- Monday, July 2: Swingtime Big Band
- Tuesday, July 3: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – Billy Joel Tribute
- Thursday, July 5: Movie Night: “Spy Kids – All the Time in the World”
- Saturday, July 7: The Duprees 50th Anniversary Show – Sponsored by B103
- Sunday, July 8: South Asian American Night
- Monday, July 9: German American Night
- Wednesday, July 11: Noontime Concert Series: Devotions – Sponsored by WHLI
- Thursday, July 12: Movie Night: “Kung Fu Panda 2”
- Friday, July 13: 42nd Infantry Band
- Saturday, July 14: Bridging the Gap/ Brooklyn Bridge – Sponsored by B103
- Sunday, July 15: Latino American Night
- Wednesday July 18: Noontime Concert Series: Six Gun – Sponsored by B103
- Thursday, July 19: Movie Night, "Puss in Boots"
- Friday, July 20: Reach for the Stars Teen Talent Finals – Sponsored by KJOY
- Saturday, July 21: CBS Presents: KC and the Sunshine Band
- Sunday, July 22: Children’s Day: “Cinderella” by Plaza Theatrical Productions – Sponsored by KJOY
- Monday, July 23: Harry Chapin Tribute
- Wednesday, July 25: Noontime Concert Series: Phil Costa Big Band – Sponsored by B103
- Thursday, July 26: Movie Night: “Shrek Forever After”
- Friday, July 27: Motown Show – Sponsored by B103
- Sunday, July 29: Korean American Night
- Wednesday, August 1: Noontime Concert Series: Tercels – Sponsored by WHLI
- Thursday, August 2: Movie Night: “Wizard of Oz”
- Friday, August 3: Creole Family Night
- Saturday, August 4: Salute to Veterans with Dean Karahalis and the Concert Pops (6:45 p.m. start) Sponsored by KJOY
- Sunday, August 5: Irish American Night
- Wednesday, August 8: Noontime Concert Series: Quickdraw – Sponsored by WHLI
- Thursday, August 9: Movie Night: “Happy Feet 2”
- Friday, August 10: Long Island Philharmonic
- Saturday, August 11: Disco Night – Sponsored by B103
- Sunday, August 12: Chinese American Night
- Wednesday, August 15: Noontime Concert Series: Teresa McLean – Sponsored by WHLI
- Thursday, August 16: Movie Night: “Smurfs”
- Friday, August 17: Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway
- Saturday, August 18: Fresh in the Park starring Kris Allen & Daniel Powder
- Sunday, August 19: The Village People/ The Trammps
- Thursday, August 23: Pakistani American Night
- Thursday, August 30: Movie Night: “Adventures of Tin Tin”
- Saturday, September 8: Pakistani American Festival
- Sunday, September 23: Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- Sunday, September 30: Eddie Money (3 p.m.) and the Third Annual Cruise to the Show Parade and Car Show – Sponsored by WBAB, Parts Authority, Movin’ On Sounds, Westbury Jeep, Winthrop University Hospital and Levittown Ford.
Performances will be free of charge, begin at 7:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), and include genres that range from disco to classical and oldies to musical theatre, providing entertainment to a variety of music lovers.
There is no formal seating at the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre so concertgoers are urged to bring folding chairs or blankets.
Special accommodations are also available for disabled patrons, including reserved parking, easily accessible restrooms, and a convenient reserved location on the hill. If doubtful weather conditions arise, call 516-572-0355 after 7 p.m. for updated performance information.
For additional information concerning Eisenhower Park, and the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre, call the Public Information Office at 516-572-0200 weekdays during business hours or visit the website.