The 2012 Long Island Marathon is this Sunday, and with it comes plenty of road closures in the area.
On top of the road closures near Eisenhower Park and Mitchel Field, the Nassau County Police Department (NCPD) has confirmed that several portions of parkways will also be closed.
The NCPD has issued a release with the approximate times that each road will be closed.
- Charles Lindbergh Boulevard closed from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Merrick Avenue closed from 7:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. (north of Hempstead Turnpike)
- Old Country Road closed from 7:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Post Avenue to School Street)
- School Street 7:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Hempstead Turnpike to Railroad Avenue)
- Salisbury Park Drive closed 7:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (closed to southbound traffic only)
- Railroad Avenue closed from 7:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Post Avenue closed from 8:00a.m. to 10:30 a.m.(Railroad Avenue to Jericho Turnpike)
- * Jericho Turnpike closed from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.(Post Avenue to Brush Hollow Road)
- ** Brush Hollow Road closed from 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Carman Avenue closed from 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Old Country Road to Nottingham Road)
- Wantagh Parkway closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Westbound side of Jericho Turnpike will remain open
** Brush Hollow Road, south of Wantagh Parkway, will remain open.
Additional closures include:
- Northern State Parkway exits to Post Avenue and Wantagh Parkway will be closed.
- All exits and entrances to and from the Wantagh Parkway will be closed.
- Meadowbrook Parkway exits and entrances to and from Charles Lindbergh Boulevard (Nassau Community College) and Eisenhower Park exits will be closed from 5:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- Eisenhower Park's Park Boulevard will not allow through traffic between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. The Hempstead Turnpike entrance to the park will be open throughout the day, with a turnaround at the golf course until 10 a.m.