1. Nassau University Medical Center's Breast Center recently received a $75,000 grant from the Avon Foundation at the Avon Breast Cancer Walk on Sunday. Read more about it 10 a.m.
2. Residents spoke out against a proposed taxi dispatch center on Clearmeadow Drive at a community meeting on Monday. Community members said that the dispatch center would threaten the safety of their children and bring down the property value of the area.
3. In case you missed it, two men were arrested recently after they allegedly attempted to rob a teen near McVey Elementary School in early October.
4. A Nassau County Police Officer was shot and killed near Cross Island Parkway in Bellerose Terrace Tuesday morning. Reports said that the officer, a member of the Emergency Services Unit, was shot and killed near the parkway and Jamaica Avenue in the vicinity of the Belmont Racetrack.
5. Get breaking news in your inbox or on your smartphone by signing up for the East Meadow Patch newsletters.