1. East Meadow Schools will reopen today after being closed for six days due to the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.
2. A nor'easter is expected to blanket the entire Long Island area today. High winds could knock down loose limbs, causing more power outages, officials say.
3. Wild Cherryz Dance and Fitness Studio is accepting donations for Hurricane Sandy victims. Anyone who donates will receive 10 percent off of classes, group packages and rental space.
4. After being hit hard by Sandy, Islanders hit the polls to vote in the 2012 Election on Tuesday.
5. To get breaking news in your inbox or on your smartphone, sign up for the East Meadow Patch newsletters.