1. Nassau University Medical Center was one of 18 hospitals in the nation to receive an award. Find out which at 12 p.m.
2. The East Meadow Girl Scouts will host a Hurricane Sandy relief event for Long Beach Girl Scouts. Find out more about the event at 10 a.m.
3. In case you missed it, Zorn's closed after being in East Meadow for more than 10 years.
4. Island Harvest is partnering with Panera Bread to help those hit hard by Hurricane Sandy and Long Islanders who are hungry.
5. Don't forget to like East Meadow Patch on Facebook to get all of the up-to-date news in your feeds.