It's another day that marks the midpoint of the work week in East Meadow. Testing continues for the students and work continues for the parents. Unfortunately for those who can't stand snow, tonight marks the return of substantial snow. Here's five things you should know about East Meadow today.
1. Weather: It's not going to be the prettiest of days in East Meadow. That's for sure. During the day, we're slated to see some sleet and snow, although the accumulations will not start until later tonight. The totals are expected to range between 4-8 inches in East Meadow, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Are you upset with your property tax assessment? Tonight, at 7 p.m. in the , Legis. Norma Gonsalves, R-East Meadow, will be having a for people to make their grievances heard.
3. Following the forum, will be having their monthly meeting to discuss ongoing issues in the East Meadow community. All are invited to attend. The meeting begins at 8 p.m.
*For both of these events, please check back with Patch throughout the day regarding potential cancellations.
4. A Look Back: In case you missed it on Tuesday, was evacuated due to a mysterious smell that was emanating from the parish's basement. Click to find out what caused the smell.
5. A Look Ahead: Today on Patch, we debut a new column, called "Read On, East Meadow." It shows some librarian-recommended books that would make the perfect fit on your bedside table. Check back later for the story!