1. A NuHealth employee was recently honored by the US Coast Guard. Read more about the employee and his accomplishments at 12 p.m.
2. Empaneled by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the Moreland Commission is recommending that the Long Island Power Authority be shut and replaced with a private company. Tell us your thoughts in Sound Off at 10 a.m.
3. In case you missed it, a new dry cleaning store is set to open in the former Blockbuster building on Front Street.
4. Get breaking news in your inbox or on your smartphone in the East Meadow Patch newsletters.
5. Don't forget to follow East Meadow Patch on Twitter!