Welcome to Friday folks! After yesterday, which was a rather sad day with the funeral of Officer Michael J. Califano, people are looking for a way to get back on their feet. Here's what's going on in East Meadow on this Friday.
1. Weather: It's going to be a calm day, but the temperatures still remain below freezing, according to the National Weather Service. Throughout the day, the temperature should stay around 30 degrees, with the low hitting 24 at night. This is something we're used to.
2. Have you been married before and are looking to meet the right person for the second time? We have the event for you. Come to the at at 5:45 p.m. This event is hosted by .
3. Looking to have some fun? is having its at 7 p.m. Rec Night allows kids to come and spend a Friday evening in a safe and fun space. Games, video games, sports, dancing and other activities will be available for all kids during the event. The event is free and restricted to Woodland students.
4. A Look Back: In case you missed it on Thursday, people to fallen officer Michael J. Califano at his funeral. Califano was killed in the line of duty last Friday.
5. A Look Ahead: Today on Patch, we take a look at the interfaith service at the , and we examine exactly what it means to the neighboring communities.