The event will once again feature a 13.1 mile loop course starting and finishing at Eisenhower Park. The 5K starts at 7:45 a.m. with the 5K; the half marathon will follow, starting at 8:05 a.m.
Free parking will be available at Eisenhower Park but you must arrive no later than 7 a.m. to get a spot. Shuttle service from the Long Island Marriott is also available, for $10 per person round trip. (Purchase tickets in advance either online by Oct. 2 or in person at the Health & Fitness Boutique on Oct. 4 or Oct. 5 - cash only). You do not have to be a guest of the hotel to use this service.
An awards ceremony for the top 3 finishers and award collection for age groups takes place at 10 a.m. at the finish line party. A post race party will take place at 4 p.m. at the Long Island Marriott, to include a dance contest and a chance to win free registration for next year's race.
The following roads will be affected by the half marathon route and will be closed during the designated times list below:
- Park Blvd: Southbound lane – 3 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; Northbound lane up to driving range (no thru traffic) – 6 a.m. to 8:55 a.m.; Northbound lane (thru traffic) – 6 to 10:30 a.m.
- Charles Lindbergh Blvd loop: 8 to 10:35 a.m.
- Merrick Ave. from Hempstead Pkwy to Old Country Rd: 7:30 to 10:50 a.m.
- Old Country Road from Merrick Ave. to Salisbury Park Drive: 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Salisbury Park Drive from Old Country Rd to Carman Ave: 8:30 to 11:35 a.m.
- Carman Ave from Salisbury Park Dr to Nottingham: 8:45 to 11:50 a.m.
Please note the course will be closed to through traffic in residential areas though residents will still have access to/from their residences as needed.
Visit the Divas Half Marathon® & 5K website for more information.