- Today on Merrick Patch, read about three Kennedy High School students who are raising the academic bar and fighting cancer at the same time. Check that story later today!
- Head on down to the 15th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Holiday Extravaganza, sponsored by the from 6-10 p.m. in Bellmore Village. The Christmas tree will be lit at Veterans Memorial Park at Broadway and Bedford Avenue at 7 p.m. For more information, click here.
- With winter season upon us, Pneumonia is more common. Check out this week's edition of "The Doctor is in" for some tips on precautions you can take this holiday season.
- Adopt a cuddly cat or dog for free during the Town of Hempstead's "Home for the Holidays" pet adoption program. Our shelter will waive all pet adoption fees, and will include free rabies vaccinations, free micro chipping and free spaying or neutering services. Call the Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter at 516-785-5220 for more information.
- Police have identified an elderly man from Bellmore who was struck and killed by a car on Washington Avenue and Clark Street in Seaford on Saturday. According to Nassau County detectives, the victim, 73-year-old Antonio Salerno, was crossing Washington Avenue on foot to enter his parked vehicle when he was struck by a 53-year-old male driver from Seaford, who was driving northbound on Washington Avenue. For the full story, click here.