Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano recently announced the summer concert lineup at Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre in .
Performances will be free of charge, begin at 7:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), and include genres that range from disco to classical and oldies to musical theatre, providing entertainment to a variety of music lovers.
The Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre is an outdoor theater located within Eisenhower Park in East Meadow. Conveniently located near parking fields 6 and 6A, the theatre provides a venue for a full schedule of entertainment events during the summer. In addition to the popular International Music Nights Concert Series, the summer concert schedule is as follows:
- Monday, June 11: North Shore Pops
- Friday, June 15: Disco Unlimited – Sponsored by B103
- Saturday, June 16: Don McLean
- Friday, June 22: The Producers/ Plaza Theatrical Productions
- Saturday, June 23: Caribbean American Festival
- Saturday, June 30: TD Bank Celebrate America Fireworks and Show (5:30 p.m. start)
- Monday, July 2: Swingtime Big Band
- Tuesday, July 3: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – Billy Joel Tribute
- Saturday, July 7: The Duprees 50th Anniversary Show – Sponsored by B103
- Wednesday, July 11: Noontime Concert Series: Devotions – Sponsored by WHLI
- Friday, July 13: 42nd Infantry Band
- Saturday, July 14: Bridging the Gap/ Brooklyn Bridge – Sponsored by B103
- Wednesday July 18: Noontime Concert Series: Six Gun – Sponsored by B103
- Friday, July 20: Reach for the Stars Teen Talent Finals – Sponsored by KJOY
- Saturday, July 21: CBS Presents: KC and the Sunshine Band
- Sunday, July 22: Children’s Day: “Cinderella” by Plaza Theatrical Productions – Sponsored by KJOY
- Monday, July 23: Harry Chapin Tribute
- Wednesday, July 25: Noontime Concert Series: Phil Costa Big Band – Sponsored by B103
- Friday, July 27: Motown Show – Sponsored by B103
- Wednesday, August 1: Noontime Concert Series: Tercels – Sponsored by WHLI
- Friday, August 3: Creole Family Night
- Saturday, August 4: Salute to Veterans with Dean Karahalis and the Concert Pops (6:45 p.m. start) Sponsored by KJOY
- Wednesday, August 8: Noontime Concert Series: Quickdraw – Sponsored by WHLI
- Friday, August 10: Long Island Philharmonic
- Saturday, August 11: Disco Night – Sponsored by B103
- Wednesday, August 15: Noontime Concert Series: Teresa McLean – Sponsored by WHLI
- Friday, August 17: Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway
- Saturday, August 18: Fresh in the Park starring Kris Allen & Daniel Powder
- Sunday, August 19: The Village People/ The Trammps
- Saturday, September 8: Pakistani American Festival
- Sunday, September 23: Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- Sunday, September 30: Eddie Money (3 p.m.) and the Third Annual Cruise to the Show Parade and Car Show – Sponsored by WBAB, Parts Authority, Movin’ On Sounds, Westbury Jeep, Winthrop University Hospital and Levittown Ford.
There is no formal seating at the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre so concertgoers are urged to bring folding chairs or blankets.
Special accommodations are also available for disabled patrons, including reserved parking, easily accessible restrooms, and a convenient reserved location on the hill. If doubtful weather conditions arise, call (516) 572-0355 after 7 p.m. for updated performance information.
For additional information concerning Eisenhower Park, and the Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre, call the Public Information Office at (516) 572-0200 weekdays during business hours or visit the website at: www.nassaucountyny.gov/parks.